Rolls-Royce Phantom III, classed as a luxury car, was final large pre-war Rolls-Royce. Produced between 1936 and 1939, only 727 were manufactured and it was the only V12 engined Rolls-Royce until 1998 introduction of Silver Seraph. Phantom III was unusual for its twin ignition systems with two distributors, two coils and 24 spark plugs. It came with a 4-speed manual gearbox with synchromesh on gears 2, 3 and 4. In 1938, Rolls-Royce added overdrive feature within the gearbox. Car had 4-wheel servo-assisted brakes applied, while another detail saw the radiator shell made of Staybrite steel.